Vrátenie daní z Rakúska, vrátenie dani z Českej republiky a Nemecka. Radi Vám pomôžeme aj s inými krajinami, stačí nás kontaktovať na 0902 067 075.

Do I have to file a tax return when I work abroad?

Do I have to file a tax return?

In Slovakia, the tax law clearly states that everyone who has a permanent residence in the Slovak Republic and achieves a minimum income must file a tax return.
This provision applies only to those who go abroad for work and have family and life interests in Slovakia.
For example, “I play football for the village”, I have cultural and recreational activities in Slovakia, I think that there is no need to give an example.

Do you work and live abroad?

The second group is people who not only work but also live abroad. And mainly there they have life interests, such as They live with their life partner, children go to school, kindergarten abroad.

I have my hobbies and friends there, and I go to Slovakia twice a year, in the summer for vacation and during Christmas?

In this case, you are a resident of a foreign country and you are not obliged to file a tax return in Slovakia from income from abroad.

This is governed by an international treaty on the avoidance of double taxation and is superior to Slovak law, so you can be fine.

Notification to the tax office

The Slovak tax office probably does not know about your life abroad, and it is a good idea to notify the tax office that you are not a resident.

If you do not know how to deal with the tax return, you can contact us and we will be happy to help you.

Leave a Reply